Brigitte Bardot

So we have all heard of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, right? Well, one of the most influential, french women is known as Brigitte Bardot is a former actress, singer and fashion model, much like Marilyn and Audrey. 

Brigitte is so inspiring and, me loving french fashion and culture, I discovered her and was immediately obsessed. BB, MM and AH are three of my my favourite vintage fashion icons. The 'bardot' neckline is named after Brigitte, as she single handedly popularised this style, especially in knitwear and jumpers. She also popularised the two piece bathing suit (best known as the bikini) during her appearance in the film 'Manina'.She also brought into fashion the Choucroute hairstyle (a beehive hairstyle) and gingham clothes after wearing a checkered pink dress, designed by Jacques Esterel, at her wedding to Charrier.

 She, like Marilyn Monroe, was the subject for an Andy Warhol painting. Brigitte Bardot brought many fashion trends to France's attention which are now thoroughly appreciated today. 





Popular posts from this blog

Mandy Saligari, a true inspiration.

Why Am I Obsessed With France?

My 5 Top High Street Halloween Picks