My Experience at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

What better to do on a weekend than pack a small bag and head to a spa? I unashamedly adore visiting spas and being pampered like the princess I wish I was (Big up Snow White, my gal). For my birthday, I received a voucher to use at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, which contained access to all their wonderful facilities, a treatment of my choice, a scrumptious dinner and a buffet breakfast in the morning.

Located on a quiet, forest-bordered road in Camberley, Surrey, the Hotel's main front entrance was rather beautiful. With the summer-time flowers in full bloom and a crystal clear-blue sky, it was a glorious way to be greeted by the hotel. The checking in process was efficient and quick, giving us even more time to enjoy the facilities. Our room was fairly spacious and well maintained, although unfortunately, our air-con wasn't functioning and we were having one of the hottest days of the year so far. But that was a minor fault.




Once settled in our room, we enrobed ourselves in the crisp, white dressing gowns and headed to the spa, which had its own outhouse building to itself. The pool was sizeable, and there were a good amount of sun loungers to rest on. I then decided to venture off into the steam room, to detox my skin and prove I can withstand the muggy heat. Approximately 5 short minutes later, my once confident self decided that I couldn't bare the heat and had to leave the room. Maybe I'm not as tolerant to steam as I thought.

When it was time for our massages, we eagerly made our way to the treatment reception, where we had a very short wait until we were called into our treatment rooms. The calm, tinkling music made me feel immediately serene and my massage therapist instructed me to lie on my front ahead of my treatment. The oil she used felt absolutely gorgeous on my skin, and I savoured every moment of this relaxing experience. My back does tend to get fairly ticklish and sensitive, so there were a few instances where my back would tense up, however, it felt incredible to get the stress massaged out of my shoulders. All of the products the Spa uses are Elemis, meaning they smelt exquisite and the health benefits are fantastic.

After our treatments, we rested in the "relaxation room" for a short while to soak up the tranquility of the place. A vast assortment of herbal teas were available, and I chose a berry infusion to sip on whilst reading my magazine. There was also a fruit bowl, encouraging us to have healthy snacks to take care of our bodies. The entire experience was aimed at taking care of the body, nourishing ourselves with the right foods and with the correct treatments. I exited the building wanting more!



Then the clock struck 8; Dinnertime. We headed down into the Linden Restaurant and we were seated at a table of our choice. We were presented with the à la carte menu, where there were copious amounts of dishes to choose from, with only a small handful of them charging extra for a supplement. I selected the ham hock to start with, then the pan-seared cod for mains, all finished off with a delightful - albeit slightly too eggy - Crème Brûlée for dessert. The service was efficient and extremely friendly, leaving us feeling satisfied and well entertained.

Comments

Popular Posts