3 Outfits for 3 Parisian Occasions

A Cold Day Exploring Montmartre

There are no two things I love more: fluffy jackets and borrowing coats from my housemate (why is it that your friends' wardrobe always seems more appealing than your own!?). Put those things together and you get this adorable red coat from Zara, lovingly donated to me for the day from my housemate. I love the fit of it - it has a slightly cropped look, which I think goes well with high-waisted jeans to create a feminine yet fashionable silhouette. This day was in fact Valentine's Day, so wearing red felt pretty relevant and the coat helped keep me warm as we braced the winds (big up Storm Ciara). I also love the coat paired with my Converse, as it brings the crimson theme together nicely and the converse reiterate the casual nature of the outfit but add a little something-something extra with the CDG heart branding.




Coat: Zara, Jeans: Topshop, Bag: Asos, Shoes: Converse X Comme Des Garcons.

Dinner Cruise Glam

I have said it before and I will say it again - I love a bit of glam, I love dressing up and I love going that little bit extra. This Valentine's evening, I chose this gorgeous Bershka dress because the pattern was fabulously eye-catching and very on-trend with the lilac flowers. This sort of boxy-square neckline is having a bit of a moment, and paired with the necklace, I thought it added a certain elegance to the look, as well as my much-loved sparkle. I chose black tights and boots so as to ensure I wasn't ridiculously OTT and I also thought the puffed sleeves and the biker boots was quite kooky (what does that even mean?), plus the extra layers saved me from the cold of the night. It also definitely felt like the right occasion to whip out the darling Chanel bag, which complemented the entire look nicely.




Dress: Bershka, Bag: Chanel, Boots: Zara, Necklace: Swarovski.

Walks Along The Seine

To me, there is nothing more quintessentially Parisian than a good ol' trench coat. They are just the epitome of class, elegance and good taste, so it was of paramount importance that I have one and took it to Paris with me so that I could attempt my metamorphosis into a Parisienne. What I love about the trench coat is it's versatility - it goes with pretty much anything and you're almost guaranteed to look well put together. I decided to pair mine with some houndstooth trousers from Bershka and my beloved Zara boots to create a fairly androgynous look, adding touches of femininity with the pearl hair clip and a layer of orange-toned red lipstick.




Coat: Hobbs, Trousers: Bershka, Boots: Zara, Hairclip: Oliver Bonas. 

Comments

Popular Posts