Top Brunch Restaurants In Paris

If your favourite meal of the day is, like mine, brunch, this post should serve as your bible - the holy grail of brunch guides. During my time living in Paris, I was able to visit many different brunch institutions and I have rounded up my favourites, based on atmosphere, aesthetic and of course, food.

1. Echo:
Tucked away, unassumingly, on rue d'Aboukir, this light and airy little restaurant wasn't actually our first choice. We were driven through these doors after a failed attempt at having brunch at Avocateria (don't go there if you're a vegan!) and we decided it was a suitable alternative. We were sat at the bar by the window, perfect for people watching. I had the gluten free pancakes, which were delectably fluffy and topped with a lovely fruit coulis and ice cream. It resembled more of a dessert than a breakfast, but me and my sweet tooth certainly weren't complaining. 


2. Café Foufou:
If you're after a pastel-paletted restaurant with healthy options and an Instagrammable background, Café Foufou is the place for you! My sister and I chose this place purely based on their Instagram and we were pleased to see that the food resembled what had been advertised #nofakenews. Although we felt that the seating arrangement was a little tight - we were squeezed onto a table that was practically rubbing shoulders with neighbouring Brunch go-ers (aka now against the law) - it was a sweet atmosphere and we enjoyed spending our Sunday morning there. My avocado toast was delightful, although I did find the gluten free bread to be a little hard. No surprises there.


3. Maisie Café
This little café was a lovely way to start my 21st birthday. With kitch décor and friendly staff, Maisie Café is very inviting indeed. Although there weren't any hot options, I was happy to go with a granola bowl, as I think it's always good to try something a little different and venture out from your norms aka avo toast for me. I really enjoyed the healthier lifestyle and sampling being a vegan for breakfast - it was tasty, felt nourishing and the granola bites were lovely and sweet. The only piece of advice I would give is don't go for a hot chocolate unless you want a cup of liquid that tastes like the ground. Really, it wasn't great. Everything else, however, tasted fabulous!


4. Season
Another aesthetically-pleasing restaurant, Season was high on my bucket list. Usually, there is a great big queue full of hungry Brunch-ers, however, if you get there a little earlier, you should find a seat in no time. I went for the salmon & avocado on toast (surprise, surprise), and I thought it was a pretty good contender. The seasoning was probably the best part - I was glad to not be served with a bland breakfast - the vinaigrette used on the salad gave a zingy tartness that didn't fail to perk me up that morning.  


5. Maison Sauvage
There's nothing more wonderfully whimsical that sitting beneath a hanging wisteria and enjoying brunch on a calm Sunday morning. Maison Sauvage is a restaurant so charming that even the exterior alone will invite you closer.  I had tried to come for brunch here before, but it had been so busy that we soon gave up on that adventure. Coming here in June however, just as terrasses were starting to open, it was calm, tranquil and we didn't have to wait a second to get a table. Accessing the menu was as simple as scanning a QR code and reading from your phone. I opted for the avocado on toast, and it was delicious - the pomegranate seed and feta topping made it that little bit "extra" and is probably the best avo toast on this list. 


6. Kozy (Lafayette)
Having had Kozy on my Paris bucket list since its birth, it was paramount that I went there before my time in Paris came to an end. Scouring through their instagram would give me serious fomo and I was desperate to try their brunch to decipher if it loved up to its glory. I had tried to eat here back in February but to my dismay, the queue was enormous and my patience was wearing thin at the time (I get very hangry in the mornings). Giving it another attempt during this time period proved to be a success as there were free tables when we arrived and therefore, we were seated immediately. I was absolutely buzzing. I chose to go for something a little different, I selected to Granola and Chia bowl, followed by their gluten free brownie. Everything was delicious and I was full for the entire day! Would absolutely recommend.



Comments

Popular Posts