10 Things To Be Grateful For

Lockdown 2.0. Here we go again. It's time to stock up on flour and bananas and hope that copious amounts of banana breads will fill the void that is not being able to leave the house. Again. Although I'm a big believer in trying to make light of a situation, it's no joke that this second lockdown is going to hit harder. If anyone reading this finds themselves struggling, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I want to make it very clear that I will be there to support anyone who needs it, whether I know you or not, we all have to try our best to lift each other up and help us all to come out the other side of this happy. 

I thought I would compile a list of some of the things that we can all be grateful for during this second lockdown. Although it's easy as pie to slip into an abyss of negativity (and don't feel guilty if you do happen to, you're only human!), if you can list a few things a day that you're truly grateful for, it's these things that will keep you going and act as little rays of sunshine in an otherwise dark, gloomy time. Might seem a little silly, but gratitude is fundamental and sometimes you need the little things to hold onto in times like these.

1. Family. They are the people who love you unconditionally. Protect them at all costs.

2. Friends. I would be lost without my girls. They are my rocks, my support system and the reason I have so much to smile about. Never let go of the golden ones!

3. That morning cup of tea. Or Coffee. Or Orange Juice. Whatever floats your boat, if it wakes you up and gets you out of bed, it's well worth being grateful for.

4. Wifi that works. I'm extra grateful for this one after the hoo-ha we had at the start of the semester. Anyone else with John Lewis Broadband? Nope? Probably best.

5. The festivities are starting. Even the biggest Scrooge on the planet will probably be craving a tinsel garland and mince-pie scented candles by this point.

6. A roof. I'm lucky enough to have my wonderful flat here at Uni and a beautiful family home to be able to go back to. I've noticed a lot of homeless people around Bath and it really puts things into perspective. If you've got a warm place to spend your days, count yourself lucky.

7. Netflix. Need I say more?

8. Your imagination. In bleak times like this, having an imagination that can allow you to see past this period is really what will get you through it. Imagine the carnage (the good type!) that will ensue once this is all over.

9. Takeaway coffee. Coffee shops are remaining open this lockdown, so you can go and grab yourself a nice cup of something hot to accompany you on your time outside. Costa have their new Christmas range available, and it's safe to say that alone can put a smile on your face (who doesn't want a Quality Street flavoured hot choc!?).

10. Your health. Your health (physical and mental) is so important. Look after yourself. Appreciate having legs that work and a mind that can think of beautiful things. You can do anything!

Comments

Popular Posts