10 Best Looks from Paris Haute Couture 2019

Paris and Haute Couture... 2 things that are pretty much synonymous with one another. From Monday 21st - Thursday 24th January 2019, the Paris Spring/Summer Haute Couture shows took place, dazzling us with yet another few days of utter chicness and poise.


I've collated 10 of my favourite looks from the week from some of the world's most renowned couturiers.



Chanel

This dress just screams Spring from it's entire core. The elegant collar and blouse-like top give it a very feminine, very young look to the dress and the embroidery adds a gleaming pop of colour. I adore the silhouette of the cinched in waist and full skirt; such a flattering shape. The ensemble has a light airiness to it, making it look like the model is almost angelic, floating gracefully down the catwalk.




Dior

With Dior's show depicting the most wonderful, lavish and enthralling Circus, it only seems appropriate to have outfits just as delightful and full of eye-catching details. This ensemble caught my eye because of the stunning maxi skirt that has an almost harlequin-esque air to it. The gold diamond shapes that envelope the entire skirt evoke the image of a costume for a dazzling circus performer. The subtle, translucent blouse perfectly enables the skirt the be the star of the outfit, with a playful chiffon bow tie completing it.




Givenchy

The intricacy, opulence and decadence that this dress embodies is simply breathtaking. The metallic details give it a certain grandeur yet with a hint of disco glamour and the silhouette of the dress is very elegant, almost princess-like, fit for a ball. I would definitely wear it to a ball (may have to actually be a princess first, though?)


Ralph & Russo

I do love a good woman's power suit, especially when they're bright pink and embroidered with colourful bedazzlement. The tailoring of this suit is spot on, with structured shoulders and a long blazer hem shape. I would wear this to work every day if I could. 


Iris Van Herpen

A sort of abstract butterfly, this incredible dress is an optical illusion, drawing the eye into an endless spiral of colours, shapes and thin, black lines. The more neutral colour palette allows for the main focus to be on the unparalleled artistry that this dress represents, the ultimate craftsmanship that went into its production. It almost resembles a cutout that's been placed onto a photo of the model, as its structured silhouette is pristine and accentuated. An absolute masterpiece.




Valentino

Florals, for Spring? Groundbreaking.


Balmain

The delicacy and prettiness of the pastel colours contrasted with a very boldly shaped top and what looks like spray painted motifs creates a wonderful mélange of ideas. The peplum-like waist is a flattering silhouette and the shapeless, wide trousers are juxtaposed nicely with the very structured top half of the outfit. An ensemble full of contrasts, there are elements of it that I can see being brought forward into the high street.



Giambattista Valli

When I first laid eyes on this outfit, my first thought was "Minnie Mouse". I don;t know what made me come to think of that, maybe its the ballooned sleeves à la Minnie Mouse ears style? Nevertheless, I think the shape of this dress is stunning, with the emphasis of a tiny waist pronounced by full sleeves and a full, flowing skirt. The layers of transparent, polka-dot tulle is ever-so elegant and adds a breath of fresh air to an otherwise black outfit.




Zuhair Murad


Murad's shows never fail to mesmerise me. The intricacy that goes into each and every ensemble is phenomenal and they are always their own beautiful works of art. I had to put 2 Zuhair Murad outfits in this post; I would have put the whole show in if I could because I thought it was that sensational! Murad took the audience through some sort of mermaid utopia with blue, purple and pink hues dominating the catwalk. I real treat for the eyes, if you ask me.




Comments

Popular Posts