Looking back on 2014 and My New Years Resolutions

It's that time of year now..the end of it..page 365 of 365! I don't know about you, but 2014 for me has flown by so much. So to celebrate this year drawing to a steady close, I am going to look back on my year and see what I have done and achieved! I'm also going to throw in a couple of my new year's resolutions for you, and this year I WILL STICK TO THEM!


Highlights of 2014



Cutting my hair for charity

Doing this, in June, is probably my most proud and happy moment of my life, so far. Raising money for charity and donating my hair to little children with cancer was incredible. It warms my heart to think that I've put the smile on someone's face :)


Competed in 'St Albans Young Musician of the Year
In march, me and my bandmates were selected to compete and perform in the Abbey. Even though we didn't win, we were runners up and the experience of doing it was so much fun and brought our band more confidence!


Visited Antibes, France
A large majority of girls in my year did an school trip to France, where we stayed with a host family (with a partner). This was by far the BEST school trip i have ever been on as I shared moments with my friends that I will never forget, and looking back at it brings back this INCREDIBLE feeling of nostalgia because it was so much fun! Oh.. and also I LOVE FRANCE!


Saw Miley Cyrus Live
I do have a maHOUsive guilty pleasure for Miley as she was my idol growing up. I was lucky enough to see her live in her 'Bangerz' tour at the O2 Arena with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Dominique. I shared and incredible night with her and being part of the audience was such an exciting and amazing experience.



Went to Thailand and rode an Elephant

Visiting Thailand in the Summer of 2014 was the most inspiring trip I have ever made. I fell in love with the people and the culture..oh and yes, the food, of course! Whilst in Koh Samui, I rode an elephant. This was so important to me as it has always been on my bucket list and being able to tick it off was the best feeling.



These are just a handful of my best memories, but there are so many more and I am so so grateful to have been able to do all of this. It's truly been wonderful.


My New Years Resolutions
I think everyone is always so determined to stick to their New Years resolutions so I will be trying so so hard to stick to them. Here's what they are:

  • Start a YouTube Channel (I DID THIS A COUPLE OF DAYS EARLY!)
  • Try something new everyday
  • Join the Gym (AND STICK TO IT)
  • Successfully complete my GCSE's

Comments

Popular Posts