St Albans Fashion Week 2015
On Thursday 29th October at 7.30pm I seated myself 2nd row to the front from the catwalk in St Albans Abbey. I was very familiar with the Abbey as my school holds services there often, however, I had never experienced a catwalk in the beautiful, archaic building.
The pieces showcased were from local companies and retailers and also graduates from a local college, also. The likes of French Connection, Jigsaw, D. Copperfield and many more were there with models strutting down the sleek, white catwalk.
I particularly loved the bridal portion of the show because beautiful embellishments were used on all the garments which sparkled under the lights, a beautiful sight. I also loved the French Connection Womenswear because it was on trend and had a mixture of different outfits for different occasions.
The fashion show was a great success and I felt proud to be supporting the retailers in the town I feel so fondly for.
Cancer Research UK
- vivid colours which contrast for extra vibrancy
- rounded sunglasses give a retro appeal
- a full A-line skirt highlights the 70's era
- a royal blue colour fits with the occasion wear colour theme
- gloves enhance femininity
- the slimline skirt shows off feminine curves and adds a chic, sophisticated feel
- same-coloured accessories give a 'pop' of colour to an all black ensemble
- the fiery red pigment adds a flirty playfulness
- the juxtaposition of a warm colour with accessories meant for winter gives a contemporary twist
- the beret adds a touch of parisian chic
- the train was adorned with feathers for a pure, light theme
- the length of the skirt gives the dress elegant movement
- the short skirt contrasted with a very long train gives a modern twist the classic white gown
- light, pastel plaids give a young style to the dress
- the white collar adds a more casual element
- the headpiece is in a pastel colour which is becoming popular for S/S 16 - on trend