Looking back on 2016 and its highlights

2016 has definitely been one hell of a year. I've had my ups and downs but I feel very lucky to have been given all of the opportunities that I have experienced this year and I am so excited to bring on 2017! 

It seems like yesterday that I was writing this post, welcoming in 2016. At the beginning of this year, I set myself some resolutions:


  • Take the most from every opportunity
  • Do well in my Year 12 Summer exams
  • Stay Positive
  • Improve and take my singing further

I am absolutely ecstatic to say that I feel as though I have achieved my resolutions. I was really pleased with my Year 12 Summer exam results and I have used a positive attitude towards any of the challenges I have faced this year. My singing has definitely got better as I played Cosette in my most recent drama production of Les Mis, which was a really good accomplishment and a tough role. 

My resolutions for 2017

  • Do well in my A Levels and get into my 1st choice University
  • Perform in more gigs and become more confident in doing so
  • Be more confident in standing up for myself when necessary
  • STAY POSITIVE AND SMILEY


Highlights of 2016

Completed work experience in Nantes, France

I had such an incredible time in Nantes and my French improved so much. I met some amazing people who I have seen since the trip! I have really fond memories of this experience!


Directed House Drama 2016

Ever since I joined the senior school, it was a goal of mine to become a House Drama Rep. I was so pleased to be voted for and I had an absolute blast directing The Jungle Book alongside a friend of mine.



Because Julian's Deputy House Officer

Again, it was a goal of mine ever since I was in year 7 to become a House Officer. It's such a fantastic role and my days as a sixth former have been incredible thanks to becoming a House Officer.



Passed My Driving Test

This is a milestone that every teenager wishes to achieve! When my examiner told me I had passed my test, I was incredibly excited and relieved. The freedom and fun that is involved with driving a car is still so exciting to me!



Completed my Gold DofE Award

This has been the toughest yet rewarding experience of my life. The 3 day trek was almost unbearable, however, when my group and I climbed over the fourth and final mountain peak, we felt unstoppable. Experiencing all of this in Peru was mind-blowingly exquisite.




Went to V Festival

As soon as I saw Sia was headlining, I was determined to go to V Festival. I went with a fabulous bunch of people and I had a really fun time full of laughter and music. I also really enjoyed experimenting with festival fashion!



Went to Reading Festival

I went to Reading festival this year for the second time. I had a wonderful time and discovered some great new music, which is always really exciting to do.



Performed at my first Gig

This was a major achievement for me. My goals in terms of singing are constantly growing and performing at The Piano Works in Farringdon was an amazing destination for my first gig. Performing my own material was also a very proud moment for me. Bring on more Gigs!



Played Cosette in Les Mis

Les Mis is hands down of my favourite musicals of all time. When I was given the role of Cosette, I was shocked and so excited to start rehearsing. I met some brilliant friends too and I just had such a ball with the amazing cast. This was definitely a role to remember!


Had an Interview at Oxford University

Applying to Oxford University was a really exciting process. Despite the ups and downs of it, I was lucky enough to receive an invitation to interview. The people I met during those 3 days were so kind and fun to be around and I felt really intellectually stimulated and inspired.




Went to Vienna

This cultural school trip was wonderful. It really helped me to get into the festive mood. The christmas markets were beautiful!


Comments

Popular Posts