Old Vogue Magazines

Vogue magazine is absolutely iconic. No questions there. I am a fond supporter of Vogue and all of the work done by Condé Nast Publications. So when I was very kindly lent these old issues of Vogue, I was very grateful to receive them.



The issues are from 2005 and 2008 and are Italian Vogue. I currently study Italian so reading the features in each magazine was thoroughly interesting (and challenging) for me. What I loved to see was the difference between the fashion then compared to now and also historically.


The fact that the copies were Italian really shone through as I leafed through the fashion features. Italian fashion is very classy and has a very particular style to it which was very prominent. Italian models with luscious, long dark hair sporting very chic, sultry garments were photographed and I though it made such a difference between English fashion and Italian fashion.




I also thought the covers were just fantastic. Even though these copies are only from about 10 years ago, it is fascinating to see how fast-paced the industry is. Even the beauty  trends were so different and the 'feel' and atmosphere of the covers were so much different to how they are now. 


Comments

Popular Posts